Clinical Disease Activity Index for RA (CDAI)
Assess disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis, without requiring lab work.
Clinical disease activity index (CDAI) is a simplification from the SDAI as it does not require the measurement of an acute phase reactant. Otherwise, it uses the same clinical assessments as the SDAI.
The CDAI correlates well with other disease activity scores and response criteria, as well as with progression of joint damage and functional impairment.
CDAI allows immediate treatment decisions to be based entirely on clinical criteria.
CDAI is calculated as follows:
- SDAI = SJC + TJC +PGA + EGA
- SJC = Swollen Joint Count
- TJC = Tender Joint Count
- PGA = Patient Global Assessment of Disease Activity
- EGA = Evaluator Global Assessment of Disease Activity
- ≤2.8: Remission
- >2.8 and ≤10: Low Disease Activity
- >10 and ≤22: Moderate Disease Activity
- >22: High Disease Activity
Aletaha D, Nell VP, Stamm T, et. al.
Arthritis Research & Therapy 2005, 7 (4): R796-806
Aletaha D, Smolen J.
Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology 2005, 23 (5 Suppl 39): S100-8
The Clinical Disease Activity Index for RA (CDAI) calculator is created by QxMD.